The Sand...

The Sea...
We took a trip out to Tybee Island on Friday, and it was the best day that we've had in a long time. Being on the Beach, listening to the ocean, finding seashells, throwing a football, wading out to the sand bar, It was all just so peaceful. So calming. Emma ran and played from the moment we stepped feet on the sand. She played in the waves, helped pick up seashells, and chased after seagulls. It isn't often, especially since starting the Keppra, that she just runs and plays like that. It was refreshing to see, which made me even happier. Olivia mainly stayed on my back in the Ergo baby Carrier the whole time, any time we would put her in the sand, she would try to eat the sea shells. We found a whole sand dollar, in perfect shape, I know theres a poem and meaning that accompanies Sand Dollars, but despite my efforts, I can't find it anywhere on the Internet.
Monday Emma goes for her MRI. I'm glad we're finally getting it done, but honestly, I'm a little scared. Scared that something else will be wrong. Scared that something will go wrong during it. I didn't realize how involved it was for her. I realized she would need to be sedated for it, but I thought she would just be kind of groggy. Nope, she'll pretty much be completley out. She'll have to have an IV and catheter, and we have to stay at the hospital with her for about 2 hours after she wakes up to ensure that she doesn't get sick. I'm thankful beyond words to my friend Denae because she is watching Olivia for us so that both Josh and I can both be there with her, with all the focus on her. I'm also thankful that it's happening before Josh leaves.
We haven't started her new medication yet. I'm so frustrated with that. No pharmacies in town had it in stock, so I finally found one Pharmacy that said they could order it, and get it on Friday. So I called on Friday, and apparently the warehouse has a shortage of the medication. So they were going to overnight it from a sister pharmacy in Florida. Ok, fine, Great. So I go there on Saturday to get it. THEY WERE CLOSED! at 2PM. on a Saturday. Ugh. So she won't be starting her new medication until tomorrow night.




No comments:
Post a Comment