I'm to tired and mentally and physically worn out from my day today that I don't really feel like posting a real entry today, I know I said I would post something Epilepsy related each day, buuttt....
It's been a hard 24 hours. We found a dog, a mini schnauzer, we've been looking for one for a loooong time, well, since we moved here. We thought that having a "friend" around would help Emma. So we got her. Her name was Kenzie, and she was the most adorable, sweetest, little lovable dog ever. She did awesome last night and slept all night in her crate without a peep. She had no accidents, and just loved on everyone.
This morning she was barking, I went to see what she was barking at, and there were people coming up the stairs to go to hte apartment next to us. I looked at Emma, and she was having a seizure. The first one ended, and she had 2 more after that. Dog was quiet for awhile, Emma didn't have seizures. Dog barked again, Emma had 4 seizures. Dog was quiet, emma didn't have Seizures. Dog Barked, Emma had another 3 seizures. This was all within an hour. The Barking was triggering seizures.
We had to make the horrible choice to give her back. Luckily, the people were very understanding. We got the dog to help Emma, not make her worse. We dropped the dog back with the owners, and I bawled. I felt like the worlds most horrible person.
But. I know I made the right choice. We could of trained her not to bark, but until them am I suppose to just have Emma have seizure after seizure? No. I'm an Animal lover hard core, but my child's health comes before a dog.
Emma hasn't had any seizures the rest of the day.
so I guess, in a way, this was related to Epilepsy. Sometimes things trigger seizures, sometimes they don't. Emma's triggers are loud noises, lack of sleep, and overstimulation.
No comments:
Post a Comment